In 1922, Father O’ Rourke was appointed Parish Priest of Mitchell, Amby and Morven. The Presbytery, Covent and School in Mitchell were subsequently built, opening to students on the 27 January 1925. The school had a roll call of 83, 30 boys and 53 girls.
The Mercy Sisters of the Convent were Sister M Attracta Dwyer (superior) and her community included Sisters M Baptista, Paulinus, Ancilla and Kieran. They were shortly joined by two lay teachers, Miss Dorrington and Miss Rosabelle Donnelly.
A preschool class was introduced in 1995 and an early childhood centre incorporating preschool to Year 2 was established. The preschool opened as a stand-alone unit in 2001. The final preschool class was conducted in 2006, as the Prep year was introduced in 2007.
November 2002 saw the opening of four refurbished classrooms on the top storey of the new buildings. The classrooms provided warm, spacious learning environments for the students.
Today St Patrick's School provides an enriched education for students from Prep to Year Six, developing their potential in all areas - spiritual, academic, cultural, emotional, physical and social.